- 1 – 1.3 litres of vegetable stock
- 125g butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion – very finely chopped
- 4 peeled cloves of black garlic – finely sliced.
- 400g risotto rice (Arborio or Carnoli)
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 225g fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 25g Parmesan cheese – freshly grated
- Freshly chopped parsley – optional
- Truffle oil – optional
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large pan heat the stock until it reaches simmering point.
- Prepare the mushroom base. Melt 50g of butter in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and some salt and pepper. Heat slowly until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Heat 50 g butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the finely chopped onion and sweat until soft and translucent. Now add the black garlic. Mix the black garlic into the onion mixture.
- Now add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the glass of white wine. Allow it to reduce until there is no liquid in the pan. Stir continuously.
- Add a ladleful of vegetable stock, stirring continuously. As soon as the liquid is absorbed add another ladleful of stock and continue this until the rice is cooked. Stir continuously.
- The rice should be slightly ‘al dente’ but soft and loose. When you are happy with the consistency, stir in the mushroom mixture and the pan juices.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and 25g of butter
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper
Serving suggestion – Stir in some freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with a little truffle oil.