- 20 g Ginger root, peeled and grated finely
- 2 cloves of peeled black garlic cloves or 1 tsp of black garlic paste
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Grated zest of a small lime and half its juice
- Half teaspoon of wasabi powder or paste
- 1-2 tbsp oil – rice bran, groundnut or sunflower
- Place all the ingredients except the main oil in a small blender or work with a small whisk in a bowl and mix together (it will take a little while) to a smooth paste – it is important that the ginger is finely grated.
- Add the oil – try one tablespoon first – to create a paste that can be spread evenly over a piece of fish or meat ready for cooking – not too thickly as it is quite strong and not too thin as you want it to stay in place and not slide off!
- Store in a container in the fridge.
Delicious with salmon or cod spread on one side and baked. With chicken spread onto a breast, or whole chicken for the last 10 minutes of roasting – having stuffed it with a lime and coriander leaves.