- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 8 small cloves of peeled black garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml olive oil
- 57 ml groundnut or rice bran or grapeseed oil
- Using a blender or small processor, puree together the first 4 ingredients.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slowly whisk in the oils, creating an emulsion.
Keep in a jar, refrigerated and shake well to mix before using on various salads, e.g. Black Garlic Tricolore.